12.10.2008

Post-conversation smiles

I had a conversation with Breckyn a couple days ago asking her what she dreamt about during her nap. She laughed as she told me she dreamt (am I totally off here, should I be saying dreamed? I think it's dreamt... anyway) of Zoe, from Sesame Street, who was chasing Breckyn and she told her "no, no."

So, today I asked her again about what kinds of things are in her dreams...

Me: Who is in your dreams when you go to sleep?
B: Ummm
Me: Are there puppies?
B: Nooo
Me: Are Daddy and Mommy in your dreams?
B: (giggles) Nooo
Me: Is baby brother in your dreams?
B: (giggles, again) Noo
Me: Hmmm. Is Jesus in your dreams?
B: (sweet smile) Yeah.
Me: He is?! Does Jesus say anything to you in your dreams?
B: (thinking....) Voila!
Me: (thought: Jesus uses French expressions in my 2 year olds dreams!) Wow. What else does he say?
B: Sing
Me: Jesus sings to you?
B: Yeah.
Me: Mama prays for you that Jesus is with you and his angels are all around your room.
B: Yeah, rock.
Me: Do the angels rock you?
B: Yeah! Nigh-night!

I just love her little thoughts... such tenderness and innocence. We sit in her rocker and pray with her after reading a few books, and I always pray for the peace of Jesus to be in her room and that his angels would guard and protect. I am so thankful they even watch over the sweetness of her dreams.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has such a tender little heart. This made me want to go wake her up to hug and kiss her!

sara, darling said...

www.ffffound.com.

weird, eclectic pictures that i LOVE.

Michele said...

So sweet!