The phone rang during lunch time today. The man on the other end of the line was calling to ask if we have any good reusable items their thrift store could pick up next week when their truck would be in our neighborhood. "No," I replied, "we just made a drop."
I sit back down at the table and Breckyn asked, "Who da dat, mommy?" {"Who was that," of course}.
I told her it was a man asking if we had any clothes they could come pick up from our house.
She suddenly had a look of concern and anxiety on her face, when she rose to her knees on her chair, grabbed her shirt and exclaimed, "Nooo! Keep it on!!!"
It was all I could do to not just laugh. I then explained through laughter, "No, honey. They want to see if there's any clothes we don't use anymore. You get to keep your clothes on. No one is going to take what you are wearing."
She started to grin through my explaning. "No one going take my clothes off Breckyn!"
"Yes, that's right. You can keep your clothes on."
It's conversations like these that make me wish I could keep her tender innocence in a bottle and pour it on her like Tinkerbell's fairy dust when the realities of life start to appear to her. Ahhh...
1 comment:
Awww. I like the way you said that. Hmmm, I wonder where we could get those bottles. I could use a few myself. ;)
Post a Comment