3.06.2009

A birthday dedication:

Here I am, thinking of some of my all-time favorite memories of me and my main man. Surely, I am leaving out some really good ones, but it’s late and these are so good I know they’ll make you laugh too, babe. In no particular order….

-Laughing so uncontrollably, ridiculously, insanely during the DirectBuy meeting and the crazy salesman… nearly peed my pants and ran to the bathroom.
-When Rob wanted to use our restroom on Ashbrook Heights.
-You and Ben making ME have to say “he wasn’t taping it.”
-Running home with Bos in the POURING rain and laughing about how quickly the downpour came.
-"Emily” at the Gazette and ALL the other factors.
-John Mayer covering “Message in a Bottle” in Puerto Rico.
-Ummm…. Puerto Rico!
-Driving to Blue Star in the sports car on icy roads.
-Seeing you at Barnes and Noble after you came home early from South Dakota.
-Baileys, movies, couch.
-Oh, and, WORCHESTIRE!
-My mom thinking you were going to ask about getting me a bike instead of a ring.
-Wishing we had written down the many made-up phrases that would survive a good 3 months in our house… totally hilarious.
-Buying our first home.
-Brenna learning Pinochle… being the induction into your family.
-Having your amazing support as I labored with both babies… no one like you in that arena… I am convinced of that.
-Skipping school nights to just stay home together.
-Videotaping the first laughs of our babes.
-Pantyhose, toilet paper, Ben, Thea, you, me, Sams Club, McDonalds.
-King Arthur, Mormon church, and grooming him on the balcony.
-Painting, priming, painting, priming, starting over again, painting and more painting.
-Sleeping in sleeping bags our first night in the new house.
-Seeing two pink lines… twice.
-Making our “Cribs” script.
-Winning $80 out of $18,000 in Taos, NM.
-Christmas Eve, you, down on one knee.
-Our first unofficial small group.
-Mid-July saying forever.

The list could go on and on….lessons learned, heartache, forgiveness, starting over, falling in love, staying in love, weakness, strengths, pursuit, passion, future, children, family, the meaning of life, day in and day out, none of it would mean anything spectacular without the fingerprints of YOU.

All the Hallmark cards in the world couldn’t contain the unspeakable ways of the start and the constant pursuit of our relationship. You’re my bff, my stink a bink, partner in crime, sill bill, babe (Breckyn’s voice), my love, my honey, and my favorite way to end a day. I love you and I celebrate all you are and all that you’ve offered me since we began our friendship nearly ten years ago. It’s been a blink of an eye.

This year is going to look good on you, honey! I LOVE YOU. Happy birthday to my one and only!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hope R. Clark said...

Way to go, Ken! :)