One of the most fulfilling aspects of parenting for me, and I think for most, is being able to fulfill the needs, wants, and desires of our children. I can't decide whose eyes light up brighter (mine or theirs) when offering a gift or a surprise to them.My girl, Breckyn, is fully aware she has a birthday coming up and has made some requests for her special day. Of course, not all will fly at this stage in life, but I love hearing what things spark her interest, regardless.
The running list...
- A bicycle, well, a tricycle in her case. This one, I just can't wait to give! I know she is going to spin in circles! Quite literally, as well.
- A pet. Namely a dog. Well, she did mention a cat first, but after I told her cats make me sneeze (sorry, but I am kind of glad for those allergies!), she thought about it for a good minute and said, "Oh, yes, a dog then. I'd like a dog as a pet. No sneezing for you, mama." What a gem.
- Cupcakes. On several occasions, she has mentioned she'd like cupcakes. I think I can oblige. She and I agree on flavors most times as well. We make a good pair.
- Balloons. Oh balloons! Have we ever forsaken you at any birthday party thus far?? Of course you can be there!
- Fishing. She wants to go fishing because she saw her good friend Oswald, the octopus, go on a fishing trip. Can't blame her, she's from one of the greatest outdoor states. This one is going in the reserve requests along with the pet dog for now.
- A garden. Ahh, my poor Breckyn. Every year I have planted annuals in the front and she loves seeing the flowers and picking off the dead flower heads. She talks about this all the time. I still would like to plant something... I am sure there's a beautiful fall flower we could find, right?
I am so excited for this birthday of hers. I love planning and prepping and exhausting myself over the day for them. I am so beyond blessed by their lives, health, beauty, and spirits, I just have to celebrate the gift they are to me.
2 comments:
I LOVE my kids birthdays too! I LOVE seeing your FAB ideas as well. :) We have breakfast in bed with a candle (in a pancake or something) tradition around here. I love seeing them wake up so surprised. :) Makes me all melty. :)
Love the new blog :) I'm so sad we won't be there to celebrate her birthday...stinks. I'm sure there will be no shortage of photographic evidence of the fun and I'm looking forward to that!
Post a Comment