Can anyone else out there hardly believe it's September 1st? SEPTEMBER. That means only four more months of Christmas shopping and prepping. Probably only two or three months, if you're really on your game.
Speaking of being on your game... I love trash. Well let's just say I love trashING things. I've been in the mood for quite some time. This whole "out with the old..." and not so much "in with the new" deal going on.
Since I hosted my first ever garage sale at my house a month ago... with the help of my professional garage sale throwing mother (who I couldn't have done without those two days!), I have been in the mood to purge... cleanse... trash. I don't care, you can even call it early nesting if you want to, whatever it is, it feels good.
Some days the urge to just clear things out comes over me and there I am sitting on my bathroom floor throwing away those bottles of "I'll use this one day, I am sure" items and the "wow, this nail polish is growing its own toenails" kind of stuff. There's something about looking into a trash can piled with things you no longer need, use, or want that makes you reevaluate why you got the thing in the first place. It also helps to keep the "...in with the new" part at bay.
I will confess however, I did swing by Bath and Body Works today and hooked myself, and our home, up with this wonderful fragranced oil called "Leaves" (appropriate for the weather, and well, my purging, if you will... are you with me still?!? ;) I am using it in one of those thingamabobbers that you light a candle underneath and the oil sits in a dish on the top. The word... the word... difusser! That's it, right?
Anyway, I am loving the purging that has come over me. Organization has not always been my strongest point, but as age becomes me (oh, please become me, dear age) I have found my life operates at a sweeter tune when pencils are in their correct drawers, socks have found their long lost partners, and those five different face washes ask me..."now, really?" It's a good feeling.
1 comment:
Oh you are making it so difficult for me to want to be at work today!!!!! I am in the mood to purge, cleanse, etc. too!!!! I have been on a Craig's List selling kick lately. It's made me a little less generous... I know longer give away the almost brand new stuff that I can't use. I want to make a couple bucks! HA!
Post a Comment