1.11.2010

Oh, Oprah.

I am not an avid, or faithful Oprah viewer, but I have seen an episode or two covering the topic of fashion. If you've ever seen her fashion episodes, then you know what I am about to say is true. 

Oprah (and her fashion cohorts) always plead with women to not go on errands wearing running shoes. Perhaps she is talking to the business woman who is sporting black pantyhose, a skirt, and blazer... because, I can agree with her there. 

But, when you're eight months pregnant, with a 18 month old and a 3 year old... running shoes are divine. She's just lucky I am not out in my slippers! 

If she ever wants to challenge me on that, we can talk when she's in 'my shoes!' 

Sorry for all the shoe talk lately... but I am on the hunt! After a garage sale I hosted this summer, "I said out with the old!," but never found anything "new." So, besides my baby, I am thinking a lot about shoes these days. Bear with me. 

5 comments:

Thea said...

Just noticed your subtitle and loooove it! :) I wore flip flops nearly my entire pregnancy...and running shoes the day before\....and flip flops to the hospital :) I'm kind of a fashion don't right now. I'm sure you're rockin' the running shoes like only a fra can :)

Brenna said...

ohhh, well thanks girl!
Yeah, you pretty much saw my 'uniform' the other day when we swung by... I can easily play off the 'sporty' look and still be pretty comfy. Thank goodness! The after-baby wardrobe is where I feel less fra like and more frump like. ;)

Thea said...

You looked super cute - definitely ages away from frumpland. I'm feeling the postpartum frump but working out and hopefully I'll be back in the land of fra fashion soon :) For waht it's worth I've always thought you are beautiful even postpartum. Some women have the gift! :)

tinysprouts.com said...

I so agree. and I hate her makeover shows that show "affordable" outfits and they cost over $300. seriously, who spends that much on ONE outfit? (unless you only have one!)

Brenna said...

Ha! Exactly, what a 'steal' on that one 'affordable' outfit! :)