"Poor acts of motherhood often bring about sanity"
(what? I'm not about to say I am a bad mom...
there are just sometimes 'poor acts' associated with the gig... and I've accepted it.)
Topic: Feverishly making dinner and secretly wishing for peace and quiet.
Issue: 18 month old son loves to say the words, "hold you," which more often are said with arms uplifted, a strained neck, and sounds like, "hoooooolllldddd chuuuuu!!!"
Solution: After having attempted to ignore, suggest toys, suggest sister play time, and a second bowl of Goldfish crackers.... it's just done. I do it. I offer a lollipop.
Result: Takes the first lick, walks away, and mom makes dinner in peace and quiet. Well, that is until older sister sees the lollipop and a whole new list of requests commence.
Who offers a baby a lollipop right before dinner? Someone who wants to get it prepared and on the table in record time.
I am not ashamed.
2 comments:
Wait a second.... have you been to MY house during dinner??? This sounds sooooo familiar! ;)
Ah SO true :)
Post a Comment