First, she impressed me and made my heart melt when she wanted to say the dinner time prayer all by herself; whole thing.
She didn't even pray for our dinner actually, but she prayed for the people of Haiti, as we've been talking about it, and seeing the pictures of the people and devastation recently. She prayed that God would help the people who are hurting.
I told her what a great and sweet prayer that was, and how wonderful it is she talks to Jesus, because he is always listening. She continued on with that thought saying that she likes to pray for the people who are hurting. I told her that is so great and that Jesus loves those people and he wants to live in each person's heart.
I said, "Breckyn, did you know Jesus lives in Mommy's heart?"
She replies, "Oh. I think Jesus lives in my ears, because it tickles sometimes!"
She was so sincerely honest in that moment that it made me stop and wonder if he could in fact live in her ears. She really had me laughing.
She then asked, "What about God? Where is He living?" I said, "God lives in Heaven, and He lives everywhere, with all people of the world, and with each one of us." Her next reply, "Does he live in your hair, Mommy?" I was trying so hard to keep a straight face, as she was really and truly so sincere in her questioning.
I would have to say it was one of the best dinner time talks I've had in a while. These are the times I never want to forget.
3 comments:
amen to that! I wish I had all 'those' conversations taped. Maybe God has a DVR waiting for us in heaven????
Oh gosh. Soooooo precious. :)
LOooooove her. Love. her.
Post a Comment