The kitchen in our new home will be the first area of renovation for us. We never went into the second time home buying process thinking we'd be renovating, but I am very excited about it. It will take a lot of time, money, and energy, but I really believe it will be worth it in the end. We considered a new build early on in our hunt, but later discovered a home with established landscaping, foliage, fencing, etc. was better for our family in the long run.
Anyway, back to the kitchen. It's not horrible. It IS livable. But, it's definitely outdated and not at all "us." It is all white, which isn't necessarily terrible in and of itself, except when the countertops are the cheap white formica that will show a dropped piece of strawberry in two seconds flat. The 3x3" white and forest green tile backsplash is great... if you live in 1997. The cabinets are flimsy and just plain ugly with their gold handles. Speaking of gold, there is a lot of it in this house. And the appliances match the rest of their counterparts quite well... again, outdated and ugly. However, they do work, as do the counters and cabinets, so we aren't in a huge rush. BUT, the kitchen's day will come. Oh yes, it will come. I will say, I like the general 'blue print' of the kitchen and its potential, so at least we have a good starting point.
If only dear Sarah would come knocking on my door and design it with me. That would be dreamy. Until then, I have been registering non-stop for this Ferguson give-away. Who knows? My chances could be really good. Does everyone pay attention and devotedly register for these kind of things anyway? I kind of hope not, for our sake.
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment