5.25.2010

Mental Snapshots

...that's what will have to do for today. I didn't or couldn't have my camera with me for a couple sweet moments today. So, I can only hope my memory will do it's best to keep these on 'file.'

First, on my way down the stairs with Baylor in my arms, I peek from our overlook on the second level as I hear Breckyn say, "Come on, buddy, you want to dance with me?"
There they were, hand in hand, spinning in circles and 'slow dancing' to Michael Buble. This may sound kooky, but it made me cry. It was the sweetest thing to lay eyes upon this morning.
I so wish my video camera would have been handy.

Secondly, there are many things Broderick (1 and a half) loves. One of those things happen to be his trusty cowboy boots.
As I was sitting nursing the baby this morning, he came and put his boots over my toes, only reaching halfway up my foot. He smiled and looked at my eyes as if to say, "Mama, I do love my boots, but not as much as I love you."

Finally, as I was writing this all out, Breckyn, out of nowhere calls over the bannister after having been alone in her room for a good 15 minutes. She says, "Mom, what did you say about Jiminy Crickets??" And I reply with a laugh and a, "mmm...nothing??"

I love these moments. I love my life. I love my kids. And although, I just wish my camera would have been present... I love these mental snapshots.

No comments: