That is how Broderick sings Happy Birthday. He gets this low tone in his voice and then sings it just like that -- over and over. Happy to-o-o-o, happy to-o-o-o!! The dancing and rhythmic head movements to the melody help, of course.
I am nearing three months overdue, but had to post some Broderick birthday love from his 2nd birthday. The leaves will be changing color here in a few weeks, so I better squeeze in this June celebration. We had so much fun with his party. He loves drums, little friends and cousins,
cake, and the happy birthday song. All those things combined made him one happy little two-year-old.

I know people toss invitations, but I love making them and adding details. You'd think I'd be into scrap booking, but much to my sister's chagrin, I am not. ;)

It reads: "Drum roll please, Broderick is turning 2!"
"Strike up the band on June 26th"
"RSVP to the conductor"
Okay, probably too many details for the blog reader,
but I was reveling in my wordy creativity.

Waiting for guests...

Making 'drums' and 'tambourines' from empty canisters. The party people applied foam stickers, fuzzy puffs, googly eyes, and colorful markers.

Breckyn displaying her girly tambourine, with her blondie cousin.

The delicious chocolate/raspberry cake. Broderick had a difficult time containing his desire to "bite!!!" the cake once it made its entrance into our home the morning of the party. He equally loved the [accidental] trick candles that Ken had purchased. Every time he'd say, "again, again!" and then they'd light right back up. Who needs presents when there's trick candles around?

Daddy and the birthday boy, who just so happened to be 'smiling on the inside' all party long...

"Mmmhmm...cake. This is what I'm talkin' bout!"

The cast of characters for the musical crafts.

Broderick's finished 'drum.' The opposite side was filled with googly eyes and more dinosaurs.

Breckyn's finished tambourine.
For a good week following the party, this craft was all she wanted to do.

We love our sweet, spirited, energetic, passionate, hilarious, cuddly, tender, fiery, heaven-sent little TWO year old boy!
3 comments:
You did good honey! You always do.
Oh, my goodness... Your family looks just wonderful, how cute!
Thank you for sharing!
Have a great afternoon~
Leticia
Thank you, and thanks for stopping by! :)
Post a Comment