10.28.2008

Seven Things

So here I am at the start of my blog. Welcome!

It's a little ironic that I have decided to start a blog because I am quite selective about what I share and with whom it is shared. So, considering the "web log" is essentially an online journal for many, and I much prefer to keep my personal thoughts for pen and paper in my own home, I thought it might be fun to share the little things about life. Funny things kids say, adventures at Target, the "I forgot to shower" kind of days, you know, that kind of thing.

So to start this off, here are seven things about me, that the majority of my first time readers probably already know. But hey, this is about baby steps for me. Even a couple of these are pretty revealing! :)

  • Peanut Butter M&M’s are one of my favorite treats.
  • I have ascended Pikes Peak twice. I am considering a third. Depending how that goes, maybe a fourth.
  • Childbirth was by far, one of my proudest, most amazing moments of my life so far.
  • I am not a morning person. I even try to make myself one. But alas, I am a night owl.
  • Grooming (plucking eyebrows, cleaning my ears, clipping nails, flossing teeth) is one of my favorite things to do. Strange, I know. But at the end of a long day, it’s kind of relaxing!
  • I once had an incredibly vivid (and real feeling) dream that Kevin Bacon was my long, lost father. Upon waking early and still laying in bed, I had to tell myself it wasn’t true. He was quite nice in my dream!
  • I cherish my friendships. But I love to be alone. Solitude is refreshment for me.

4 comments:

sara, darling said...

welcome to the blog world. the name of it made me laugh...mine is www.thesaradarling.com, so we can virtually keep up with each other ;) wish you were in some of my classes this time around!

sara wannamaker

Terra said...

Great start! feel free to check out my blog sometime. I've been poor about keeping it up lately, but oh well. www.dangerous-wonder.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful. And nice name! You should write a book. Ser.

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh,,, and also impress me,,, how in the ayche do you have time to blog,,, ah yes the night owl issue, huh,,, lovesy,,, are we still friends or did the hair issue damage us for life