Quite the contary...
Several weeks ago, we were driving home from the mountains on a Sunday afternoon when the hubs received a phone call from his boss offering killer tickets to the Bronco's game that afternoon. Although I wasn't really hoping for a super-solo-Sunday, I also didn't want to be that super-lame-o-wife-that-won't-let-my-husband-go-to-football-games, either. Decision made.
Okay, short rewind...
Days prior to this, B-girl celebrated the big 2. We spent the late afternoon of her birthday at a Family Fun Center that included a huge sand box filled with the finest, most delicate of sand. She loved the feeling of it running through her fingers and played for at least an hour with shovels and trucks and buckets. How could she possibly resist?
Now, fast forward back to aforementioned Sunday...
We had just finished lunch and B-boy was due for a nap. B-girl is quite receptive to my need to step away for a few minutes to lay the boy down. However, even well-mannered little princesses find open cabinets...
So, as I make my way up the stairs to send the sweet baby to la-la land, I murmur a short prayer under my breath, "please, please, let her stay playing with her dollhouse. Please."
Swaddle, rock, music, kiss, lay. Done. Seriously? Couldn't have been MORE than 3 minutes.
As I crept back down the stairs with the dollhouse in plain sight, there is no little girl playing house. "Honey?" I say softly as I search around the corner.
Oh... no. I see the large pantry door wide open. Wide enough for me to not see the other side. I peek around the door and say, "Oh. Hello...!" Her big eyes look up at me as she raises her hands and says, "Fun!"
There she sits, covered in fine sugar, letting each granule fall from her small fingers to the floor below. The collection of sugar between her knees, coupled with the hands and feet that looked like sugar-covered donuts was worthy enough of a photo. How could I possibly resist?
I still have no idea how she managed to pull a 5lb bag of sugar off the second shelf, undo the wrapping, and pour it out like there was no tomorrow.
2 comments:
LOVE IT! So glad you started this. :)
So...I just barely came across your blog, and absolutely love it! From the title, to this story...I just have a question-how did you find the patience not to get upset, but realize it was a photo op? I'm a new mommy (a little over a year now) and I want to be more "go with the flow", you know what I mean? I'm STILL finding it difficult at times to adjust to things like that :) lol
Post a Comment