11.11.2008

Do I Get A Sick Day?

I so wanted to call in sick yesterday. But, my two bosses just wouldn't have it.

One wanted a cup of juice, and the other insisted on being held.

In my two years of "on the job" experience, I'd have to say having sick babies has to be worse than working in retail on Black Friday. Worse than snagging your pantyhose (okay, so I don't wear pantyhose, but I'm trying to be all hypothetical here...), worse than eating a Skittles and thinking it was an M&M. (Have you ever done that? It's gross.) You catch my drift.

I love love love being a mom, but along with changing my pay rate (ha!) I would definitely allow sick days. And all moms would rejoice along with me. And we'd wear party hats and sometimes call in sick just so we could dance around and wear our party hats. We'd eat frosty cupcakes and maybe even have a pillow fight.

See? Isn't it apparent I am not feeling well?
All I have to say is dispersing the proper amount of TLC to little kiddos takes a lot out of a momma... not to mention a sick one.
Get better, little bunnies.

1 comment:

sara, darling said...

bummer about sicky kids! hope you are all feeling better.

i am totally going to try the cavatappi noodles with my mac & cheese, i didn't even know you could do that. glorious!