11.21.2008

Things that make you say "awwww..."

My daughter and I were coloring in a coloring book on the floor the other day. Even at the age of two, she was quite content to color... or scribble... on "her side" of the page. I, relaxed and probably overly intoxicated by the sweet picture of the puppy with a butterfly on his nose, was in a daze as I colored the little puppy with a magenta crayon. For whatever reason, half of the colors were missing from the box, and my options were limited. So magenta, he became.
I could hear my sweet girl's crayon touch the paper, and then she would stop and look at the tip. Using my peripheral vision once more, she put the crayon on the paper. Then she stopped, seemingly puzzled, and examined the crayon tip again. At this point, she sat straight up and handed me her white crayon, saying, "Broken, mommy. Broken."

Awwww. I love her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOL.

Brenna said...

Oh dear, honey. We are going to have to school you on current acronyms and how not to use them. Until then, ILY.