11.25.2008

Giving Thanks... for all things.

Conversation between daughter and myself this last week...

Me: Sweetie, this week we will be celebrating Thanksgiving.
Her: Yeah, mommy.
Me: It’s a special day set aside to celebrate all the things and people we are thankful for. What are you thankful for, honey?
Her: (thinking… thinking…) Umm… Obama. Obama. [Lots of laughter]
Me: [Stop mid-dishes, lean over sink and nearly wet my pants.] Honey, you are thankful for Obama?
Her: [continual laughing] yeah!

Maybe it’s just that his name is especially fun for a 2 year old to recite, but many answers to our questions these days involve our President Elect. Perhaps, she’s just in a political stage. Maybe all the political hubbub made a lasting impression. Or maybe she's learning to be thankful in all circumstances. Who can say?

5 comments:

sstennett said...

this is my favorite Breckyn story ever. Worthy of scrapbooking with a pic of her smiling next to an Obama poster and small felt turkeys all over the page.
:)

Kellen Jacob said...

I love it - very funny.

Thea said...

Awesome...love it

Irene Joy said...

Oh my gosh Brenna that's hilarious. A little while ago Jasper was on the phone and said "Barack Obama" in a conversation and then we hear Chandler echo in the next room, "I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message."

Looks like our kids are much involved in the political world!

Irene Joy said...

Oh my gosh Brenna that's hilarious. A little while ago Jasper was on the phone and said "Barack Obama" in a conversation and then we hear Chandler echo in the next room, "I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message."

Looks like our kids are much involved in the political world!