Resolution:
- a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something
- the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
- the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose
So, here is a mini-list of my resolutions. Deep breath. Here we go....
-spend less time surfing the internet and seeing if Sally on facebook has updated her status yet.
-find a more appropriate mail and paper pile. I can't stand seeing it on the dining table anymore!
-meet new people
-take even more photos of my kids, my husband, and our growing family
-create a better night time routine. Between staying up to feed my baby and doing things like, ahem, this blog, I get to bed far too late.
-clip coupons...? I don't know... I am trying to inspire myself and this is kind of a filler one while I am thinking of some more.
-make healthy meals for my family
-drink a lot more H2O!
-spend my time on other people. I have a soft spot for the elderly and I think it's time to adopt some 'grandmas' and 'grandpas' in this city.
-become wittier. I feel I am losing my edge. I had it quite well a few years back, and I've gotta get my groove. It's out there, and in 2009, I am going to find it again.
-grow my hair out. Okay, this is kind of a lame resolution. But, I am keeping it on the list since it's not really "hard" to do.
I have several more personal, and "deep in my heart-ish" ones stirring too, but these, I thought I'd share because reading other people's thoughts are what these blogs are all about. Right?
Well, buckle up 2009. Here I come!
2 comments:
I agree with you, resolution is not a "dirty word." I am the queen of resolutions. Not just New Years, summer resolutions, fall resolutions, my weeks resolution. BUT the thing is when I personally make these massive lists of resolutions I can't stay focused and they all end up fizzling, then I get disappointed in myself. I mean the definition of resolution is pretty intense. I want my resolution to stay true to it's definition. It's like if I can't even remember instantly off the top of my head what they all are then how am I supposed to work on them? So this year I did a very unusual thing. I have one single resolution and I plan to keep it. That's not to say I won't have goals and mini resolutions through out the year but this will be my main one I guess. Maybe I had two resolutions. 1. No soda 2. Don't make so many resolutions. hehe. Good luck to you on yours and share your secret on how you stay focused on yours!
Hey Irene! You're not alone! I am always renewing my commitments to myself, quarterly, yearly, etc. And a lot of the decisions to be 'resolute' such as drinking water more often will show up time after time. It's not that I am not serious enough about my resolutions, but I am also not going to get to the point where I am so hard on myself that calling it 'failing' would make me not want to try again. I don't have any secret to making it work. :) I think we all are striving to reinvent ourselves and if that means the list is one goal...or fifty goals long, at least there is a GOAL. Anyway, I commend you on your resolution! That would be a hard one, but I think it's great Jasper is doing it with you. I will say, I think writing or journaling about goals helps in terms of focus!
Post a Comment