1.07.2009
Forthcoming: synonym of future
I was thinking today about how weird it will be when our kids are teenagers. I remember when I was in my adolescent years and I would tell myself how I would never "let myself forget how it feels to be this age" so that I can be that relatable parent. Then, in thinking about it even more, started considering how much the world will change by that point in time. I mean, we will probably have actual walking and interacting iPods by then, right? Like half human/half iPod. They will be red and yellow, black and white, and precious in His sight. What?! I still think Rosie, from the Jetsons could be a reality. She was cool. Anyway, I was also thinking about when I used to babysit for these two kids when I was around 13 or 14 years old. One time their mom was showing me her old college photo books. She made a comment about how she used to stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning, and then laughed it off saying how she could handle that in her younger days. I remember thinking how lame that was, that she, in her early 30's couldn't handle staying up that late. HA! Isn't it funny how the world is constantly shifting and at nearly every stage we feel we have some part of it all figured out. Even still, I would say I feel I have less "figured out" at this point in my life of my 'late' 2o's than when I was younger. Why do teenagers think they are all that and a bag of chips? I don't know where that came from, but remember that phrase? Hilar. Anyway, these are all random thoughts about now and then and future and past and repeating myself over and over. Fun times. Indeed. Innnn. Deeeeed. Well, nighty night. May you have dreams of jumping into sidewalk chalk drawings reminiscent of Mary Poppins' days. Yes. Clearly, sleepy time is calling my name! Please excuse the title of this posting. It really requires being spoken, rather than written, due to the state of my brain at the moment. So, disregard: synonym of ignore. Booooya!
2 comments:
you crack me up. I enjoyed all your animation. :)
oh man, caffeine intake or something? glad you could enjoy it while it lasted..haha
Post a Comment