6.22.2009

Feeling Human in 30 Minutes or Less

There's nothing like a day of smeared poop, runny noses, chasing the baby from going down stairs head first, red drinks being spilled on mommy and daddy's white sheets, two daytime baths two hours apart (re: smeared poop), crying babies trapped in Jumperoos while waiting for mommy to bathe their poopy sister, and a lack of sleep from being kicked in the ribs the night before when the sick daughter slept with mommy and daddy.... and then just mommy, when daddy had enough.... to make you feel less than human.


Then... the realization that a 30 minute pedicure by the local nail salon can once again not only make you feel human, but more like a woman. Ahh... smooth feet, red toes, and an uplift for the soul does a body good!

4 comments:

Irene Joy said...

ugh. I'm sorry!

If a 30 minute pedi is so refreshing, can you imagine what a full day at the spa and a night at a fancy hotel would do for you? I dream of when that day may come... :)

Anonymous said...

And now the silver lining for stressful days at the office: my clients don't smear poop on me.

Thea said...

Soooo true :) I need a pedicure!

Emily - thank goodness for that...lol

Brenna said...

Oh Irene, I can only imagine!

Emily, think more along the lines of it being smeared on your desk, the lamp, and maybe your purse. Thankfully I, myself, dodged the bullet. :)

Thea... get yo self pedicured! And then imagine I am sitting next to you sipping Starbucks... and there's lots of laughing going on, of course.