I remember being pregnant with Breckyn, before we knew she was a she. Ken and I both thought we were having a boy first. For sure. No inklings or 'mother's intuition' going on, it was more a thought assuming a boy would start our potential line of children. The day we learned it was a girl we were so shocked (as if the chances were less than 50/50...ha!) but once the intial "wow" wore off, we were delighted. That moment of delight was nothing compared to the months that followed, waiting in expectation, and even more the moment we met face to face.
A couple years have passed and we are both incredibly, totally, and completely in love and wrapped around this little girl's heart... okay, her finger too, if I am being honest. :) She is so much more than I ever dreamed, hoped, or imagined. I have many moments where I sit back and cannot fully fathom how God would entrust us with her. She's a gift.
Back to my out of body experience.... See, I did not grow up with a daddy like my little girl is able to. I remember longing so desperately for the touch of his hand in mine crossing the street, or how he'd twirl me in my summery, twirly dress, or... how he'd one day walk me down the aisle. I sometimes wonder if girls who have daddy's actually think of and appreciate all a TRUE daddy has to offer, and all that may be taken for granted.
Anyway, having the opportunity to see my princess play, laugh, twirl, hold hands, chat, cuddle, and deeply love her daddy brings such incredible joy to my life. I see through her what I always hoped for in my own life and it's an indescribable feeling. Not to mention, her daddy is amazing and so loving. She has it very good. :)
So this is for all the dads who know what it means to be a real man... what it means to love... what it means to give so she can grow...
And babe, these [photos] to me depict the best parts of fatherhood. Your humility, your love, and your answered prayers all shine through. I love you!




4 comments:
Uh, tear jerker! :) Love it.
Aww..now I miss you all even more :)
That's so touching and amazing.
I totally get ya... hear,hear!! :)
Post a Comment