Okay, I'll admit it. I didn't want to post a new blog because of the prior baby annoucement. It wasn't just for you. Oh, no. It was a reminder for me as well. I'd click over to my blog, see that bright positive pregnancy test staring back at me, and let it sink in all over again.
I have to say, I am becoming more and more excited and happy about this new life growing inside of me.
I guess you could consider me one of the "rare and few" who really enjoy, dare I say love, being pregnant. I love it all. Okay, all may be a stretch. I do get pretty bad breakouts, of course there's the late night interupption to my sleep of running to the bathroom, and the incessant first trimester sleepiness that makes me feel like a lame mom sometimes. But, I feel all of that stuff is really and truly outweighed by the stuff I really do enjoy about this time.
Even being pregnant with my first, I wished it could've lasted longer. I loved the idea of "having" a child, but not having to buckle in and out of the car seat each time I ran an errand. I mean, honestly, I would make for a great kangaroo. Ahh, but I shall not rabbit trail for today.
Anyway, my biggest struggle thus far is making sure I am drinking enough water. I mean, I've heard it said that when you are feeling thirsty you are already 10% dehydrated or something like that. But I feel I sometimes "forget" my thirst and just truck on with the day. It's not like I don't visit the water filter enough during the day filling sippy cups... and with all my bathroom visits it sure feels like I am drinking. But, I think it's time to start busting out the post-it notes and oversized hospital water bottles as my not-so-subtle reminders.
Ready for the journey.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment