8.27.2009

It's Great to be Grateful

How's that for a nice title, eh? I have no shame in the cheesy department. Me and the cheese are friends. 

Honestly though, I am so grateful. And I have so many reasons to be. 

I have a roof over my head.... and under that roof a lot of things to keep me cozy, well fed, clean, comforted, and satisfied. 

I have a generous, caring, hard-working, loving, dedicated husband... who also happens to father my children in the ways I always hoped for when thinking of my future family. 

I have the most beautiful, silly daughter, that is bringing a big grin to my face as I write this. She is so tender-hearted, loving, wild, silly, sweet, caring, interested, thoughtful, cuddleable (yes, it's true!), and did I say silly??, two-year-old I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. 

I have the sweetest, fiestiest, cuddliest (yep, doing it again), smiley, trusting, loving, adventerous, daring, giggly, bundle of a one year old that always keeps me on my toes and makes me laugh daily. 

I have family that live mere minutes away from me if ever I need them, or get to see them, at any given time. 

I have a nice car that keeps me and the kids feeling safe and able to transport wherever we need to go, whether for errands, or taking fun trips to the zoo. I realize even the "small" things like this don't happen in every family, but I am so very grateful. Even when it means a wrench is thrown  in my day when a big rock cracks my windshield... and I am glad that's over with now. :)

I have a loving, compassionate, never-changing, faithful, righteous, all powerful Savior, who chose me long before I chose Him -- and he continues to choose me even when I feel.... well, unchoosable. Oh yes, there are made up words all over this post. 


What are you grateful for? 

1 comment:

Ken and Brenna said...

I'm grateful for my wife who is not only amazing to me by the way she loves me, supports me and encourages me... but who is also the most beautiful mother to our children. Whether giving Breckyn pedicures, or comforting Broderick's tender little heart or preparing meals, play dates or trips to the zoo... it is all done with such love and grace. You are an amazing wife and mother honey. I love you.