1.) Sometimes a stroll down the "home good" aisles of Ross can be quite surprising. I found some window panels for Breckyn's room for $7 a piece. How could I resist?
2.) I experienced my first Indoor Flea Market. The first visit was a good one. Better than expected with my two sweeties in tow. I went looking for a dresser, and walked out with a decorative birdcage (pictured). Funny, right? It's like one, big, giant garage sale... wait for the treasures and there they'll be! I am actually really excited about my $2 birdcage. I am planning for it to sit atop my kitchen cabinets and fill it with "things of the season." Woo!
See, if you haven't noticed, it really doesn't take much for me to become excited. I just LOVE coming across good deals that help make my house feel more like home. :)
4 comments:
oooh I can't wait to see the birdcage - great idea!
Oops - I actually meant to have it included beforehand. Anyway, there it is! I have played with the idea of painting it a bold, stand-out color, but for now all votes lean towards the old, vintage-y look. :)
oooh I love it even more now! :) Are you going to leave it antiquey and white or paint? You could also do a vintagey-black...I'm all about black stuff though so I would say that. It'll look graet either way in the kitchen. If you decide to go for a color I vote robins egg blue or some pumpkiny shade of red :)
I had thoughts of going with a bright blue... sort of Robin Egg-y. :) But so far anyone who has seen it thinks it should stay the "Anthropologie" style of vintage/antique sort of thing. Who knows, it'll probably be one of those pieces I mess around with and constantly change. :)
Post a Comment