{I found the favor containers... (more fun than baggies at least this time around)...at the Target dollar section. The girls' had apples on them! I had to snatch a few, and the boys' were the perfect apple green. Love it!}
Party favors for the girls were these [first time ever made] hair bows. They were a lot of fun, and simple to put together. I had a 'work station' assembled on my kitchen table to complete the project. 

Party favors for the girls were these [first time ever made] hair bows. They were a lot of fun, and simple to put together. I had a 'work station' assembled on my kitchen table to complete the project. 
For the boys, I found a simple and fun to make play-dough recipe. Okay, mostly simple. I will admit the kneading part for me was kind of laborious, but coloring the dough and seeing the results was a lot of fun. Each child also had a small portion of Green Apple Mentos as well. Sorry for the blur on this one....

Personalization at a party is essential, in my opinion, especially for little ones. The more they recognize their name, the more they love to see it. Do we all not remember writing our names over and over in notebooks as school kids? Well, maybe boys didn't really do that, but some of us girls loved perfecting the perfect script and shapes to the first letter of our names. I sure did. :) For that reason, I made her banner one sleepy evening. It took me much longer than it probably should have. Do you blame me for leaving it on the wall one extra week just to savor the efforts?


This was her first party with any type of game. It felt nostalgic to have the "Pin the tail on the donkey" theme of game for her first party with a game. So to stick with the theme of course, it was "Put the apple on the tree." Clever, I know. ;) It was cute watching all the little ones participate.


This is all for now. I may bore you with just oooonnnneee more post on this, then that's it. Stay with me, people, stay with me! Can we say "fruit of my labor??!" Ha! :)
4 comments:
I love hearing about the party!!!! So amazing all that you did!
Continuing to be impressed, and convinced that my children will not have nearly the wonderfulness that you have provided. :-)
Your jokes sound just like mom. It makes me smile. We definitely don't fall far from the tree!! Agh! It is happening to me too!! heehee.....
That's funny. I actually thought to myself the "fruit of my labor" one did... but who knows I guess I could be shooting them out left and right! ;)
Thanks, Emily! I have no doubt your children will have your very own outpouring of love... it's hard not to! :)
Oh the love is not the issue. :-) It's the unbelievable creativity that they might have to just do without. So as long as your children never talk to my children about their birthday party preparations we'll be fine. :-)
Post a Comment