
It was a complete turn-around of a day. We had a great morning. Kids were energized and in wonderful moods. We had a perfect morning at the zoo, with the best fall weather I could've imagined. We had a great time eating Mac & Cheese for lunch. I mean, the day was going so well.

{Beautiful tree we drove by earlier today}
Then it all started with an abrupt waking in her nap time and complaints of her throat. [Oh no...] I honestly believe one of THE hardest times of motherhood has to be having an ill child. I was just not up for this. Well, she came and laid in my bed with me for a few minutes after not wanting to lie down again in her room. I wanted to see if she'd be tired enough to fall back asleep. Unfortunately, no.
She had been sniffly all day and then tonight when I went to check on her crying in her room, she "lost it" all over the bed and some of me, I might add. My poor baby girl. I cannot stand sickness!
She is still my sweet little girl through it all. I took her to the bathroom to wash up as Ken is cleaning up her bed linens, and she burped a little bit after having vomited. She looks right up at me with her sleepy eyes and says, "Excuse me, momma." Oh, what manners for a sick feeling child at 10:30 at night! Such a blessing even in the midst of her upset tummy.
If nothing else, we can look forward to the blustery, wintery, cold day that we are expected to have today. There will be a lot of cuddling, movie watching, and fluid drinking going on around here.
Oh, and don't be surprised if you are one of the honored few that Breckyn distinctly said she had to tell she "spit up" (what she calls it) tomorrow. She made sure she told me that a few times before snuggling back into bed that evening. Oh how I love her and want healing to be hers right now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment