The theme decided upon was going to be Green Apples, a favorite of Breckyn's (and mine!) It's only fitting that I happened to crave Granny Smith Apples during my entire pregnancy with her.

I figure as long as I can, I will attempt to keep the themes to something
not-so-streamlined and under commercialized as I can. Although sometimes the challenge is actually finding the items or things you need for the more creative sides of parties exists, I really don't think my three year old has that great of an opinion for her parties quite yet. As I've mentioned, her biggest requests had been balloons and a cake.
Of course I happened to make a lot of the decorative aspects for her party, but being that we kept things on a low-scale in terms of the size of the party, it really was not that big of a deal. In fact, it was quite fun and I enjoy putting my hands to things that will bless my children.
So, what's a party without invitations? Well, technically, it's still a party... but one with very few guests. [Insert drum "ba-ching-ching" right here]

The template I used for these I found by simply searching "apple template" on Google (imagine that!) and the one I found fit the bill. I simply traced a larger apple cut out for the background piece and of course had the smaller one for the actual wording.
The writing alone took me 45 minutes one evening, believe it or not. I would have loved to print these up from my computer, but was not about to deal with the headache of spacing and margins for these. I would have lost my apples! Yeah, it's suppose to say marbles, but we are not on a marble theme, here!
Anyway, a few pieces of cute paper and some 'lunch bag' leaves, and these were ready to send out to her guests.
I realize this is becoming quite a wordy post for a simple thing such as invitations, but I took some pride in these this time around. Not that her 1st and 2nd birthdays didn't have their own elements of "special" but I am trying to get away from the digital invitation thing and have something to actually save for my kids when they rummage through their childhood boxes in years to come.
Anyway, I will be posting more from last weekends events. Until now, please ignore my 'painting' on the invites. I'm all about friendly, but not really interested in any unexpected guests at my doorstep. ;)
3 comments:
Totally impressed! Those are gorgeous! Very creative! Love them!
This is such a cute idea. I like that you're coming up with your own themes rather than just buying something "prepackaged".
PK @ ROOM REMIX
Thank you! This was mostly fun because of how it has sparked my mind for future party ideas!
Post a Comment