Haha, aren't I funny with my little title... I know, huh?!

I don't consider myself a very trendy person (but do you see those adorable, must-have ruffles?!?! And do you even care about the hidden platform toe?!?). I do lean towards certain trends depending what they are or how they suit me, but just because skinny jeans are out there, does not mean you'll see them on me. Not to mention shoulder pads or over the knee boots. Well, maybe I should wait on that before I eat my words in a few months. ;)
Seriously though, I would say my clothing and home style preferences fall in the same category. I love classic items, but mixed with modern and updated elements. But, don't come to my home any time soon as I can't say my visions of these ideas are currently being reflected. One day though, one day!
Anyway, I realize these sha-booties (as I heard them referred to on Oprah... see ankle boots actually go over your ankle, and booties sit below. Done. Clarified. I feel better.) are not exactly "pregnant girl" material. However, I've always kind of been a heel girl. Well, maybe not always, but I actually like wearing heels and I like getting dressed up. So for those two reasons, I can't wait to get on my new black opaque textured maternity tights, a cute dress or skirt, perhaps a sassy cardigan and some new jewelry all just to really sport my new shoes. But the excitement doesn't stop there folks, ohhh nooo... I see these with just the right kind of jeans, maybe a blazer... I mean, possibilities here, peeps!
Thankfully, a date night is already planned for their big debut....
6 comments:
I'm inspired...can't wait to have this babe and get through the "wearing of husband t-shirts" stage and back into some fashion!! These are awesome ...I can't wait to see them - faaaaahhhhbulous. Or Frabulous :) lol.
Frabulous - i love it! Girl, you know this is all in effort to stay away from the dreary mom syndrome we've always talked about!! But please call me out if I ever step out of the house with these shoes, sweatpants, and a pony tail! ha! :)
Very fun and I love the ruffles! Sassy. :-) You're going to have a blast wearing them (which is as it should be!) Hope you have a great weekend...
pk @ Room Remix
i definitely approve. :-)
What brand are these??? I fell in love with a similar style by Steve Madden, but they're not too cheap... and maybe not the most comfortable. (Which is complete heresy coming from me, as I love Steve and his fabulous footwear creations.) These are adorable, though! Spill on where you got them? =^)
Angela! These are in fact, Steve Maddens. I saw them on DSW's website and the site said they were low on stock, but in store there were plenty (at least at the time). Yes, these are not the most comfortable of shoes, but fun?? YES! They work great for a "I'll sit during a long dinner and show... but don't make me walk blocks to the car" kind of thing. ;)
Post a Comment