12.22.2009

.22 cent smile

Hobby Lobby can often times be a trap. Just like Target, except in a crafty, homey, "what could I make out of this??", kind of way. 

While I was there last week scouring through some of their already picked over 50% off Christmas decor items, I remembered I needed some more tea-light candles for our lovely diffuser. 

So, I find them, and they are priced at .99 a box. All is well and fine. But as my eyes travel a bit more to the left I see a box that has a printed .77 on the top. In that moment, a part of me felt secretive as if I should look around to see if anyone else just saw what I saw, and that I, in fact, may be about to gain a real life bargain!! Silly it seems, but oh, so true. 

I picked up the only .77 cent box of tea-lights and headed to the register with the rest of my steals and finds and happily watched the sales lady punch in my savings. 

I've always felt life is more about the little things, and although the .22 cent savings may seem little, to me, it brought me much satisfaction and a pretty good smile, too. 

No comments: