Sitting here in the middle of Christmas week and New Year's week... there is a hush over our home. Well, that is, if it's past 8 o'clock at night, or ear plugs are being worn during the day. Seriously, though, our week has been 'quiet' and still and I am enjoying it. But, at the same time, I am excited for the New Year.
Typically, I inwardly frown upon the first three months of the year because generally speaking, they are just kind of boring to me (with the exception of some very special birthdays in there...no eye rolling from mother, husband, frau, or nephew). I always feel like I come in to the groove of the new year by the time April rolls around. April Fools Day is my all time favorite holiday. Just kidding. It's not. I'm not kidding... or fooling... I promise. Promise that it's not my favorite. No fooling.
However, this year I have this feeling of expectancy and eagerness about 2010. I am anticipating welcoming our third born this coming February... along with some other home and family plans in the works. I will be posting about that some other time. I have to save some good stuff for New Year posts! Work with me, here.
Oh, if you haven't read Jenny's [of Little Green Notebook] birth story of her third born, you must. This story made me excited, scared, and nervous; and reminded that each birth and child are so uniquely different. It's a great birth story - what a memory for her and her family!
2 comments:
I didn't know you were due in Feb! It's getting so close! We're looking forward to 2010 as a year of stability and hope!
YES...coming very soon. This pregnancy will feel like a blink once it's all said and done. I think that might be the nature of baby 3 and beyond though. ;)
Happy new year to you guys and hope you are feeling settled and doing great!
Post a Comment