We have about 15 minutes before we have to be out the door. I get the kids strapped into their seats, then run back into the house to do one final visual sweep of the home to make sure I didn't miss anything. Ahh, there it is... must take out the recycling bag, and light that last candle. Aaaaaand, we're off.
So I jump in the car and realize I'd left my cell phone on the ledge in the garage. I then hoist myself with much 'hoistaging' of the belly and as I reach for the phone while half seated in the car I bump my knee super hard into the casing of the steering wheel. My driving knee, no less.
Oh it hurts so bad, and I am feeling stressed, and I kind of just want to break into tears. Why? Because I have gone a long time without shedding useless tears and I am pregnant, and it makes sense. But, I refrain. I pull myself together knowing we now have less than those first 15 minutes to get out of the house and be on our way. Oh, and did I mention it's lunch time, so I am starting to hear the first cries of hunger from the kids, too.
Anyway, we pull half way down the street and my knee is seriously hurting. Like that kind of feeling where it's almost hot and you wonder if there is blood running down your leg. I decided to pull up my jeans and inspect. While inspecting I say, "Ugh, this really hurts." (No bleeding, by the way).
Then Breckyn chimes in with,
"It's okay, mom. God will take care of your owie. He'll give you a band-aid. And then maybe you'll get a sucker or a treat when it's all over."
Little did she know, she was speaking to a much bigger situation than just my knee. And I thought I wanted to cry a few minutes ago... :)
4 comments:
Love this.
oh geez. that makes me want to cry! :)Sweet Breckyn. It's wonderful how God speaks to us through our children. Also it shows what a good Mama you are!
Aren't our children the biggest blessings in so many ways? I mean..there are the drama-filled and tear-filled rants and raves, the messes and...the time out I'm giving right now :) buuut...those most precious moments far outweigh the work of raising little people!
Love you girl :)
I can totally identify with that story (I'm not currently preggers but have been three times!) and I love what you heard from the back seat! My kids have said stuff like that, too, and is such a blessing!!
Post a Comment