Do you want your home sparkling and clean?
Do you want to see your kitchen and bathroom counters again?
Do you want to know what your bedroom looks like when you can actually see the floor space?
Do you want to do the white glove test on every ledge and piece of furniture you possess and have it come back clean?
Well, then... you've come to the right place. And that place is called,
"Oh my gosh, someone is going to come INSIDE my home, to each room, and take several photos of every angle possible of every...single....room. Then they are going to post these photos nearly 'all over the internet' and tens and tens of strangers will look at the photos and decide yay or nay... all in our honor!"
Does that sound familiar to you? If it does, then you've probably already done what our family is experiencing for the first time, ever. We have listed our home. It is in process, and it will sell. I kind of can't believe it's all happening (especially being due with a baby in three weeks) but it is happening nonetheless. In a strange way, and with less stress than I imagined, I am excited for this to begin. Yes, the 'showing' aspect might be challenging, but I have to remind myself we can't sell if we don't show. I'd rather not just sit on our house when we could have the potential to call a new place home before long.
Anyway, anyone who needs a kick in the pants for organization, purging, and cleanliness should totally play the 'someone is taking pictures of my home, it must be pristine' game. It's fun!!!
Seriously though, after the energy we've been putting into our home on a weekly basis, my head is clearer, my heart is purer (for real), and things flow so much better when the clutter is gone and there is a semblance of order. I highly recommend to myself keeping it this way once the selling and buying process is over. And I think I'll take myself up on my own offer.
Well, as best as one can with a newborn, two youngen's, a working and schooling husband, and a half-sane brain. ;)
1 comment:
Good for you guys! You've got the first part done, now when you do MOVE it's a whole other ballgame. Then you'll really start de-cluttering! :) Praying it sells quickly!
Post a Comment