1.25.2010

Be still my racing heart

It's naptime. The kids are both quiet in their bedrooms and I am catching up on some e-mail. Thankfully, I happen to be sitting in my room, which is right next to the washer and dryer that are located in the bathroom. [It's okay, don't be jealous. One day you might have the sound of the washer lull you to sleep from only a mere 8 feet away. ;) ]

Anyway, the point is, it was peaceful. Until.... BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! One of my dear children (translated: Broderick) loves to play with the dials and buttons on the washer and I quickly learned he must have pressed the buzzer for when the washer cycle completes. 

I think my heartrate went through the roof. And I don't think I've ever heard a noise so alarming, which is exactly why we keep that buzzer in the 'off' position. 

I am just thankful I hadn't just taken a drink of something, because the truth is it would have been spit up all over my keyboard and bed. There IS always a silver lining. 

No comments: