2.26.2010

Consumed

I wish I had something quirky, inspiring, or cute to write about today. 

But, other than nursing 'round the clock, maintaining my cool when big brother and big sister disagree on something while I am nursing (always convenient timing... ), trying to stay awake for the greater portion of the day, and attempting to get myself and all things back in gear around the house... there's not a whole lot to say. 

Well, that's not necessarily true. It IS taking me extra long to type this out because I am pretty sure Broderick did something to my T key. It is sticking. Therefore, I am backspacing and correcting a LOT of words. You'd be surprised how many T's I just had to deal with. 

The kids are loving baby Baylor. We all are. He is amazing. So sweet, so tiny, so wonderful. Broderick is doing a great job with him. We were a little nervous about his transition in particular, but Baylor actually cheers Broderick up after naps. He loves to wake up, and ask for "baby" right away. Then when he sees him, he sits right over his little head, waves, and says, "hiiii baaabbbbyyyy." It's pretty cute. Where's my video camera, anyway? 

We had another showing today. Yahoo! We put the house on a showing freeze the day I went into labor, for obvious reasons. We've been 'up and running' again for two days and were pleased to get back out there. The prep part? Not so fun. Praying and hoping for the right buyer...soon! Super thankful for our new minivan (which I do think deserves a post all its own), for the extra space and convenience of being able to 'move' in there with the kids when we have to be out of the house. 

All of this... the three kids, the sleepless nights, the showings, etc... are making me feel old and worn down. Old, in the way of...well, droopy under eyes and things like that I never had to deal with before. Eye cream? Never purchased it, but now needing advice of what ones are good. Go ahead, fill me in. My complexion is begging for extra sleep. I also think my body in general is craving Spring and Summer time. I want the sunshine. I want to go for walks without a puffy jacket on. I want my kids to run in the grass. I want to plant flowers in flower boxes with my little girl. Soon enough... it will be here, thank goodness.

P.S. The picture... do you get it? "My cup runneth over.." Oh yes, that is how I am looking at all of this. Mostly because it's true. We are blessed by our sweet children, the fact that I can feed my baby and be his source of nutrients, the fact that people want to see our home, and for so many more reasons... 

Happy Friday, all! 

2 comments:

Irene Joy said...

Oh man I know what you're talking about!

Has Brodrick done the thing where he tries to climb on top of you and the baby while nursing? That's fun. :) Him and Ethan are the same age(ish) right?

Michele said...

I was just wondering how you were doing with the transition to 3. Sorry about the "showings", although they are a good thing, I know. Praying peace, encouragement, and strength for you! (and more sleep too!) :)