3.26.2010

Here's the thing...

I am needing/wanting {whatever}, a pop of color in our living room. Actually, I think most of our living areas could use some serious pops of color, but we are in process and in transition, so I won't be popping too many things or colors until the transitioning is over. Think: new house. Yay! [Must sell current home first...yes.] 

Anyway, just for fun I was browsing through some upholstered chairs online and while I came across a couple that stuck out to me, it made me reeeaaaallly wish I were savvy enough to know how to {successfully and beautifully} reupholster furniture. Especially because in my last craigslist browsing session, I found a great chair for 'framework' that was only $20. All it needed was a lot of love (i.e. new fabric!) and a new home for that bargain price.

These two chairs have caught my eye, and while I think my husband will wince when he sees these, my vision for the room has been inspired. One is a bit more funky with the burnt orange tone and geometric design, and the other has a more Springy/traditional feel. Either one would offer that great *POP* I am looking for though. 

Maybe one day I will experiment in the world of reuphostering (any experienced ones out there?). For now, I am preparing for yet another home showing and must have all three children dressed, fed, and ready, not to mention myself. Seeee ya! 

P.S. How much would you fork up for one of those chairs? I am a cheapy, so most anything feels pricey to me, but what would you honestly pay for one of those? Opinions, please! 

5 comments:

Just my cup of "T" said...

Love the green chair. personally. But they are both fun. What would I pay??? I'm too thrifty to know! haha..... If that is the direction of your house, can't wait to see the new one! (PS You have to come see my new one too sometime soon you know!)

Terra said...

Andrea Parsley is starting a furniture refinishing/refurbishing business. You should talk to her. I'll bet she has some great tips. I'm with Tara in liking the more traditional green chair. If that's your starting point, you'll have a very chic house! I'd maybe pay $20-$30 for it.

Thea said...

I think recovering a chair like that would be a major job since you can't just pull and staple fabric and hide it you know?? Still, for a new chair like that something in the neighborhood of $125 - $175 seems about right. If you want to shop online you can order at overstock.com and shipping is only 2.50 even for furniture :) I found a chair I LOOOOVE there - it's a yellow houndstooth check pattern - but it's nearly $300 for one so...that's on the backburner :)

Liz said...

I've been looking for chairs JUST like these! My favorite so far (well, that I've found) was at Pier 1, which I'm guessing is cheep for furniture, $170ish. I wouldn't want to pay much more than $200. I think I need to look more, I'm LOVING that green one!

I've been contemplating tackling a couple different reupholstery projects in my house but my perfectionist tendencies are keeping me from starting : ) You can practice on them if you want, haha!

Anonymous said...

These chairs are both so much fun! All the best in selling your house. Hope it goes quickly for you!