Anyway, here it goes. I am about to embarrass myself. I will suffer the consequences. And, it's okay. You can laugh, point fingers, gasp, or even shun me. It's cool. I've come to terms with this, and since I'm past the denial part, you can't hurt me with your sneers and jokes. Ah, come on, I'm only teasing...
So, here it is... my confession for today is that I, friends and family, am completely out of shape. My arms are like overdone noodles. No one ever tasted a overdone noodle they liked. I just know it. My legs are still stick thin. They have been my whole life. But, now they are stick thin and jiggly. Not pretty. My midsection? Oh good night, maybe I shouldn't even get started on my midsection. Then again, that will only keep me in the 'unfit' club. And that, is where I don't want to be. Well for the midsection, I am not even going to pull the whole "I had three kids" thing. I am just going to say, I love to eat. That is a fact. I ate well this last pregnancy, but then, I continued to eat. Sure, it's TOTALLY for breast milk production sake... riiiiiggghhht. I'll keep saying that....until I bust the button on my jeans. I have a muffin top, but only right in front. To me, that is worse than a full muffin top. It's front and center. And while it makes a great cushion for little kid heads that want to cuddle, it must go.
All to say, I want to join the 'confessions of the fit' club. How am I purposing to do so? Well, I'm going to set my alarm, dust off my tennis shoes, bust out the sports bra, and get my tail out the door. Yep, I'm going to run. Just like Forrest, minus the being chased, and box of chocolates. Mmm....chocolate. Wait, snap out of it!
Okay, I'm back. Yes, so running shoe experts...what do you suggest? Give me your insights and wisdom.
I promise this whole schpiel is not just so I can earn myself a new pair of shoes. Really. Not crossing fingers or anything else for that matter. My [hopefully] new and improved belly can be a witness to that in a few months. Now, if only I could run through a spray tan while losing the extra poundage. That, would be sweet.
3 comments:
Oh, Brenna, you totally cracked me up. I'm right there with ya. I want to join the fit club too. I saw this infomercial...yes one of those...it was for something called zumba fitness. It's like a whole lot of dancing. In addition to running bright and early you could throw on a zumba dvd and have a dance party with the kids. They'll have fun and you'll "LOSE UP TO 30 POUNDS IN 60 DAYS" :) I was thinking about trying it.
Have Zumba. Super fun. Still have muffin top. Course... that may be because I only do Zumba about once every month or two... :(
Run girl run!! :) I have muffin...not top...just muffin...all over type of muffin lol. I will be thinking about you when I hightail it out of here at 5...you're not alone! PS I think you look way better than you think you do. Always beautiful, always classy :)
Post a Comment