I also love reading other people's blogs. There is something wonderful about gaining new perspective, ideas, etc., all from someone else's (often times complete strangers) experiences. I really love that.
But, for me, there is something missing. Something I used to do all the time in my youth. (Ahh, I've waited years to say that sentence...ha!) Something that I regulated into my weekly, if not daily routine as I escalated into my young adult years and was really 'a part of me' in my early 20's. And that, friends, would be the long time loved gift of mine: writing. Not just writing, but journaling. I used to be so impressive (for myself, that is) in my documentation and chronicling all that was going on in me and around me. There are times now when I look back on the silly and trite things of my childhood and laugh, and then the heartbreaking, powerful, and wonderful things happening as life developed in my late teens and twenties.
As wonderful and easy as punching out a few paragraphs by way of a keyboard on the computer and internet can be... for me, there is something magical about the tip of a pen touching fresh lines on paper. Yes, even as I write that, my mind resonates with the feeling.
So, I guess this could be a mid-year aspiration of mine, in that, I must retrieve the writer in me. I must rescue the journaler in me. I want to remember my days and the aches, joys, and yearnings of my heart. For me, I feel as though I can almost see myself better when I've put 'myself'' into words; on a sheet of paper.
I'll still be here, in blog-mania-land. But I just may shift some priority over to that quiet, personal time where just me, the pen, and the paper meet for a few...
No comments:
Post a Comment