7.13.2010

Anniversary recap

Our weekend was great. Honestly, I am not sure it would matter a whole bunch what we would have found ourselves doing to celebrate our seven years. I truly think we'd have fun making the memories regardless of location or granduer of it all. 
Our time away consisted of beautiful Rocky Mountain scenery, a long drive, holding our breath under tunnels, getting carded more than once (flattering), walking the outdoor mall in Denver, Cheesecake Factory, a trailer ride via bicycle, room service, and sleeping in (well 'sleeping in' these days, anyway). 

It also included a nice long talk about our last seven years of marriage, and our ten years total, of knowing each other. We agreed that we are fondest of the companionship that comes with marriage. We are a team. We are for one, constant, never ending goal. We love each other and our kids and will prove that year, after year, after year. 

Sadly, our time away also included a non-visit to our favorite Denver breakfast eatery, Snooze. We were so excited until we learned the wait would be 90 minutes, putting us close to lunch time hours. I sometimes daydream about the atmosphere and their pancakes. The pineapple upside down pancakes to be exact. And I'm not even a pineapple person. That's sayin something. 

I love these times to just get away and be with each other. The presence, the quietness, and the alone time with my husband is priceless. 

Finally, I wasn't very good about my photo taking. I am sometimes advised to just leave the camera at home/hotel, whatever. I need to stop taking such silly advise! [Love you, honey] 
Anyway, here are just a couple for your viewing pleasure... 

"lounging is luxurious..." 
or maybe we're just sending just one more text to check on the happiness status of all three kiddos... 
"sugar for the self portrait"

No comments: