The other week, my sister and I were commisioned to tend to and care for one of my mom's prized possessions: her garden. She [my mom] lovingly instructed us on a 2-page letter of how to care for her baby while she was away. It included such phrases as "turn the knob to the left, for ON" (love you, Mom.) Now she can't make fun of me when I write in detail what position my real baby likes to be held "hold him slightly to the left, prop his head, sway, but don't bounce." Okay, none of that is real... but may have been... once upon a first child. ;)
Anyway, I decided one of my evenings at her house I'd take advantage of the setting sun and the natural beauty that these plants (and beyond) possess. I will honestly always treasure these photos because it is truly like having a piece of my mom, and my old home, around. Enjoy.
2 comments:
Oh I love these photos!! They so represent your mom and the gardening / outdoor areas she loves :) Umm...what's wrong with "sway but down't bounce?" kidding. Wouldn't it be great if we could download our mommy processes and procedures manual when we are away??
Eee lovelove love the picket fence! It's gorgeous! So sweet the way you feel about these photos! :D
Post a Comment