Anyway, perusing through my kitchen in the late hours I see a magazine from the mail pile. It reads "September" on the binding. September. Wait, isn't September the start of Fall? Isn't it Summer right now? Am I in a time warp? I feel as though I write a lot about how time is passing and how that makes me sad/ponder/thoughtful. But I can't help it. I'm not wishing time away by any means. If anything, I feel like I am squeezing the life out of my moments. Especially when it comes to my little ones. I hear "it all passes far too fast" way too often for my liking...
I then take a sip of an open can of soda. A soda that was opened four hours prior and has since lost it's fizzy glory, and any taste of delightfulness I was hoping for. While sipping soda, with my head tipped back, I see several bug carcasses lined in the ugly flourescent light above me. All at once glad I noticed it so they can be removed, and also wondering how long they've been there.
I open the fridge, for of course, a midnight snack. But the block of cheese, leftovers from dinner, rows of yogurt, and handful of grapes just aren't speaking my language. I shut the door. My tummy rumbles. On the outside of the door I glance at Breckyn's word tracings. She sat carefully to trace each letter to connect her name. I smile. I get a little sad. What can I say, I see the school life smack dab in front of us and it's a journey that lasts a long time. Okay, now I feel pouty.
I go back to the magazine and see some pages filled with airbrushing, fresh makeup, styled hair, and fabulous outfits. I know I will see the stark opposite of all these things when I get ready for bed.
I sit to type this out and think back to twenty minutes ago when I was doing my blog hop...thinking about how much I have and how very, very blessed I am. I think about investing in others lives and how I can do that on a practical basis in this season of my life. I think about the precious moments of life... the smiles exchanged, the hugs given and received, the love notes passed back and forth, cuddles on the couch, good conversations, hard conversations, health, friendships, family, people...it's all so good. I'm taking it all in. Old sodas, bugs in the light fixture, no snacky, and my non-super-modely self, too.
A picture, just for kicks. Wearing "hats" in the car the other day.
1 comment:
Love it. Love it. Love it!
Post a Comment