8.16.2010

mastered it

Having kids is a blast. I love being a mom. I love staying at home with my kids. I love doing just that. It is the biggest gift to me and I never want to take that for granted. That said, I have to 'brag' on my kids (if you will) for just a second. They have acquired many skills over these couple short years and I'm here to tell you about it. 

My kids have mastered: 

-the art of needing me desperately the minute I take any phone call. They are quite skilled at this one. 
-the art of the 'loud whisper' while on said phone call. 
-learning their own schedules so well that if I do not have their snack bowl and drink ready at the given times, they will be sure to help me remember. I mean seriously, sweet peas, I do this every day...
-the art of delay. Especially Breckyn. The 'just one more minute... one more minute' thing. She drives a hard bargain some times. 

Of course, I wouldn't trade any of these natural born talents given to kids all over the place, for anything. When the day comes to a close, there are times that these little instances make me smile right before going into bed. And that, is always a good thing. 

Oh, I can't forget the other thing they've totally mastered... 


...being so, totally, irresistably, cute. 

(Hey, I'm their mom. It's pretty much a right to say that.)


We have not however, mastered the photo with all three looking, smiling, anything-ing, in my direction. Oh well. These make for great "personality" photos in the meantime. :)


1 comment:

DT ~ RDH said...

I definitely have to give you bigtime kudos for being a mommy of three! i have just one and sometimes i go bananas. and yes, you have the right to brag ~ mommyhood is theeeee most important job on earth. :]