9.09.2010

I'm a big girl now

I'm not quite sure if I am making that statement more for myself or my sweet little [big] girl.

Breckyn started preschool today, and was such a champion. Really. I wasn't sure what to expect, although we've done a lot of talking and scenario discussion in preparation for this. She was amazing. She made me so proud. I left my daughter "alone" in a building with other people and children for the first time. It was daunting for me, but she blew me a kiss, waved goodbye, smiled, and watched me walk away.
I thought I might have to hold back some tears, but if there were any, they were not from sadness but more of being so proud of her bravery and calm nature.

There was a brief moment when all the children had to line up and hold the 'rope line' to walk to their class where she felt claustrophobic and started crying. When I asked her what happened she replied, "I just don't like it when the other kids were squishing me." She really appreciates her own space, to say the least. I am sure the other kids that were being 'squished' just felt like it was part of the deal, but Breckyn wasn't too crazy about the squishiness. ;)

Her teachers for this session (we're doing a co-op) were so sweet and helpful with her. They gave her the honor of holding the American flag for the Pledge of Allegiance. SO cute.


Her daddy and I met her when class was over and she was happy and sweet as can be. Her shoes were hurting her, so I felt bad for that one. Other than that, all was well. Ken brought her a bouquet of flowers which filled her with delight. Later, I treated her to a ring pop which was equally pleasing. We went to a short lunch with just her, and Ken and I both sat back reveling in how beautiful she is and how fast time has passed. Didn't I just deliver her tiny self days ago??

Oh the growth we are all experiencing! We are so excited for her to learn, grow, make friends, and have a blast through all these preschool days.

No comments: