Saturday morning we decided to get everyone sunscreened and snacked up, and head down to the State Fair. I can't recall ever having been to a State Fair, so (from my memory's sake) this was a first for me too. It was what I always imagined it to be... hot, fun, hot, lots of walking, hot, and a lot to see and take in.
There are certain things our children experience now, that we did not experience ourselves, so I try to see it through their eyes and innocence. Which would translate their first time to: hot, fun rides, farm animals, carousel, hot, stroller, bright sun, sno-cone, hot, tired of walking, hot, fun. This photo below was taken before we left and you can see their weariness without having to even squint your eyes! ;)


Doesn't matter your age, it was H O T that day. A nice, dry heat. Shout out to all the people surviving the desert like heat in places such as Arizona. Whooee. It really was a lot of fun and I would definitely do it again, but probably a day that had some cloud cover.
There are certain things our children experience now, that we did not experience ourselves, so I try to see it through their eyes and innocence. Which would translate their first time to: hot, fun rides, farm animals, carousel, hot, stroller, bright sun, sno-cone, hot, tired of walking, hot, fun. This photo below was taken before we left and you can see their weariness without having to even squint your eyes! ;)Doesn't matter your age, it was H O T that day. A nice, dry heat. Shout out to all the people surviving the desert like heat in places such as Arizona. Whooee. It really was a lot of fun and I would definitely do it again, but probably a day that had some cloud cover.
Sunday we went to church, as usual, then came home for lunch and naps. While all in the household were napping, I decided to devour a collection of Rubbermaid tubs and boxes from my childhood that my mom brought over to our house a couple months ago. It was funny to see a lot of things i had absolutely no recollection of whatsoever and even more why I would actually save such a thing. There were a lot of dingy stuffed animals. I guess I needed to preserve them better than just a cardboard box. Even some of my favorites had spots and mangled fur that wasn't there before. Sigh. I guess it was just time to say goodbye. {I have not seen Toy Story 3 yet, so please don't tell me anything that will make me cry and dig in my garbage bags weepily looking for these mangled old toys.}
So far, I've filled two trash bags, a huge box for Goodwill, a trash bag for Goodwill, and a box of a few salvageable garage sale items I may try for next Spring. I have yet to snap a photo sampling some of the crazy things I came across and totally laughed about ever having possessed.
So far, I've filled two trash bags, a huge box for Goodwill, a trash bag for Goodwill, and a box of a few salvageable garage sale items I may try for next Spring. I have yet to snap a photo sampling some of the crazy things I came across and totally laughed about ever having possessed.
On Monday we were so excited to spend our morning taking part in our favorite annual tradition of the Balloon Classic that is held in a downtown park. [Sorry. Pretty sure that was a run on sentence.] This is always so fun. I think it's even more fun and special for me because my mom used to take us to this event for as long as I can remember... with pictures to prove it! But I'll spare us all on those ones. ;) So we awoke around 5:30 A.M. and I liberally applied my eye cream. Yikes. I'm scary enough to see at 7:00 a.m. ...moving it up by an hour and a half is a risk few want to take with me.
Ken went to wake the sleeping cuties and beauty. They looked up with their sleepy, confused eyes as he asked them if they wanted to go see the balloons go up in the sky. It didn't take long for their little eyes to perk up and for them to excitedly get dressed and go.
We had the double stroller ready, some blankets, and snacks to tide them over until breakfast. We were half way, when I sent a text to some family friends we were going to meet who were already there. She replied, "No launch this morning, it's cancelled." We were SO disappointed! Are you serious?! Not only could we be sleeping in and snuggling in our cozy beds with the sweet Fall air whispering through the windows, but the kids were really anticipating the fun time and seeing the balloons lift off. Yeah, I was, too! I was especially excited for Broderick, since last year he was just over a year old and not really sure why we were up and at 'em at the crack of dawn.
Anyway, pretty sad to say we have no pictures or memories of it this year.... I guess we will patiently wait for next time. Since we were already 'out and about' barely past the wee hours, we stopped at Starbucks to get some chocolate milk for the kids. Breckyn walked around like a penguin to pass the time until our next stop.
Ken went to wake the sleeping cuties and beauty. They looked up with their sleepy, confused eyes as he asked them if they wanted to go see the balloons go up in the sky. It didn't take long for their little eyes to perk up and for them to excitedly get dressed and go.
We had the double stroller ready, some blankets, and snacks to tide them over until breakfast. We were half way, when I sent a text to some family friends we were going to meet who were already there. She replied, "No launch this morning, it's cancelled." We were SO disappointed! Are you serious?! Not only could we be sleeping in and snuggling in our cozy beds with the sweet Fall air whispering through the windows, but the kids were really anticipating the fun time and seeing the balloons lift off. Yeah, I was, too! I was especially excited for Broderick, since last year he was just over a year old and not really sure why we were up and at 'em at the crack of dawn.
Anyway, pretty sad to say we have no pictures or memories of it this year.... I guess we will patiently wait for next time. Since we were already 'out and about' barely past the wee hours, we stopped at Starbucks to get some chocolate milk for the kids. Breckyn walked around like a penguin to pass the time until our next stop.
penguin waddle from 3Bmami on Vimeo.
We stopped home briefly and I nursed the baby and changed the kids into "it's not 5am anymore" kind of clothes. Next, we headed to a home of some dear friends. They have {maybe inadvertently} started a tradition of post-Balloon Classic brunch over the last several years, and we were so happy to join them this time around. We spent the morning with some great people and that made up for the disappointment of missing the balloon ascension.Later in the day, Breckyn and I made a run to Michael's to get some crafting supplies for her preschool [will post on that later], and Broderick ended the night with a new soccer ball. He is on cloud 9. The boy LOVES any kind of sport ball.
All in all, a great weekend. Now, I feel inspired to find my Autumn decor and introduce our new home to Fall and all the fun it brings.
1 comment:
What a GREAT weekend!
Post a Comment