I think I am ready to welcome October.... however, I do feel as though I need to adjust my posture and gain some composure after such a blogging lull.
We've had a busy couple of weeks. But, who doesn't? Everyone is busy and every family has their "things." I am thankful that our "things," this last week in particular, were the kind of things that won't be repeated. At least routinely or without the power to change it for the next time, at least.
Such as....
- not having a driveable van and trading back and forth between my husband's sedan. Squeezing the three car seats in the back was comical and also made me want to call a chiropractor after doing my aerobics to basically free the baby of his buckles.
- experiencing my first 'session' as a preschool teacher and all the prep and planning that went into that. (I have to say that although the first day was a bit of a shock to the system, day two was practically beaming with sunshine).
- a stressful (but later relieving) doctor appointment
- lots of extra children in our home this week and weekend
- and realizing the nearness of my daughter's birthday was creeping up on me much faster than I preferred
Mixed in with all of those things were just the regular things of life. Including, but not limited to...
- many poopy diapers
- several emotional break downs, or varying crocodile tears
- never ending laundry
- never ending dishes
- remembering to plan and actually make dinner
- making sure I had quality time with husband and kids
- making sure I remembered to shower
- errands
- and on and on... you know the drill
I hope to be posting some upbeat and picture-filled posts soon.
I have also neglected all my favorite blogs, which was sad to me because I really enjoy catching all the great reads and ideas out there. It's a wonderful down-time moment for me. Sigh.
While I think getting into comparison is not healthy...if I were one to compare myself against my most-read blogs, I would sadly have to admit...
- My house is no where near 'fallified'
- I have a lacking amount of finished...okay, started crafts I've done with my children
- The house is not filled with the aroma of baked goods or tempting main courses
- I am not up to my personal photo taking requirements
I will leave on this satisfying note.... it's the weekend!
I plan to savor the time with family, celebrate the start of another incredible year of life of my sweet daughter, enjoy the return of my minivan, and probably a little 'cleaning house' thrown in there as well. Hope yours is happy. And just for the sake of adding another thought into the mix, October marks it less than three months until Christmas. On that note, I better pull out my fall wreath first!
No comments:
Post a Comment