10.09.2010

remedy

The woman behind me in the Target line the other day aggressively pulls her cart up to the line with two energetic, wound up, little boys in the front of her cart. She is mumbling things under her breath and she moves a piece of hair back into her pony tail and throws her purse over her shoulder. I could feel the tension in the air.

She reaches into her cart and tosses down on the black rotating belt a box of Tampax and two bags of powdered sugar donut holes.

I couldn't help but laugh in my head and I so badly wanted to look her in the eyes and say, "this too shall pass," but you never know what could come back in return. So, I chose silence. But seriously, it was borderline sitcom material...

1 comment:

Just my cup of "T" said...

I love this story... and what makes it so funny... is that I've BEEN that woman. Holla!