This post is all about progress! I suppose it's more along the lines of personal progress, as I haven't shared any of this on my blog up until now.
As I write this, there is a thin blanket of snow on the ground tonight. However, just two days ago the sun was at its brightest, and it was a gorgeous day with temperatures in the low 70's. Knowing that would be the best day to take on something of this matter, I decided to just go for it. PAINT!
For weeks I've had some blocking (i.e. spacing by pencil marks, etc.) done on the wall in the baby's room. I had the inspiration, I had the paint, I had the supplies, I just didn't make it happen. But I knew it was getting down to a now or never thing seeing that winter is clearly on its way.
While I would LOVE to focus on the entire nursery, for sake of being concise, and the lack of other completed areas in the nursery, I am simply highlighting the focus wall of the room. A few before and afters here, and while I am excited to bring everything in the room to completion, I really love the result thus far!!
**Sorry for the inconsistencies of the photos. Some were taken via camera phone, some with flash, some without flash, some at night...you get the point. I was not about professionally angling, staging, or lighting in this process... to say the least.**
Before
During
(though, missing a lot of vital steps such as my painstaking pencil marking and frustrated moments using the trusty level...I'm sure we all wish that'd been captured in picture form!)

A slight battle 'between the lines' ;)
And, the (paint only) finished product. Whew!
It was really a lot of work in terms of precision, accuracy, and so on, but I think it actually makes the room appear even more spacious. And, I love the feel of the room as it is all coming together.
Here's hoping the other elements of the room can make their entrance before he hits the one year mark. Seriously. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment