11.01.2010

lost in translation

For weeks now, a go-to topic between Breckyn and Broderick has gone something like this....

Broderick: "Beckyn, you a princess. I fiar-man."

Then we all smile and reply, "Yes, sissy is a princess. And you're a fireman?"

Broderick, "Mmmhmm."

It's been such a common conversation that we've driven past fire trucks and made sure to mention there are 'firemen' by the fire truck. We've called Broderick 'our little fireman' and so on and so forth.

As Halloween was approaching I thought it would be so fun for Broderick to fulfill his fireman role and of course, Breckyn would be the lovely princess.

It wasn't until one day we were perusing the aisles of Target when Broderick gleefully calls out once again, "FIAR-MAN!" I turn my head to see the unexpected. I had to laugh. I was also quite glad I knew this far ahead of time as to not disappoint my little.... "fiar-man..."

****
***
**
*



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! He's a doll. Have a good weekend!