So without further adieu, here are the grand before and afters of her room:
*sorry the pictures are so tiny.
I may change my blog layout eventually so you don't have to squint to see it all... hmm*
So, definitely not the prettiest room I've ever seen. As you can see, it was lacking personality and flair... two things of which my daughter possess a lot of, so there had to be an update! Overall, her room didn't always look this "boring." This was in process of me moving all her dolls, toys, etc. from view for paint prep the following day.
On went the primer. I despise primer. I despise priming. I think the next room I may give the primer/paint combo a whirl.
Now for the good stuff...
As soon as the corner is turned to her room, you can tell you're about to enter a very lovely space.
The mirror and 'gallery wall' may become my favorite wall in the room. Each item on the wall was given a makeover. Whether an updated "already had it" item, or a thrift store find. I intend to add more frames above and below (and all around) what is currently on the wall. I've been eyeing some darling prints on Etsy for some time, and I always keep my eyes peeled for $1.00 - $2.00 frames on the thrift store shelves, or at garage sales.
I've laid down on her bed a time or two just to see what her view would be, I think she's pretty happy about all the new things to see in her room.
The area next to the books and under the hanging poms, will eventually earn a reading chair. I am looking for budget priced, but also not ugly or poorly made. My current debate is between finding a second hand wingback chair and putting a slip cover over it, or perhaps a very low priced 'nursery' type of arm chair. That will come at some point...
I also considered color matching the side table with the antique white of the bed, however, I tend to lean toward something not feeling so predictable, and I like the appeal of the soft yellow of the table. In addition, I didn't have to spend any extra money to make that happen. Always a plus!
Eventually, the wall under the three shelves will house a small student desk and chair, of which I intend to paint as well. I saw the perfect one on craigslist for $30 just yesterday. Unfortunately it was snagged up in hours. I believe the new perfect one will come along in just the right time. ;) Breckyn ADORES coloring and writing, so I think having a desk in there for just her items will allow her even more time to enjoy her space.
Here she is enjoying the new view. When I asked her what her favorite part of her new room was, she replied, "the paint on the walls." Ha! Simple pleasures for her little heart. This room is almost as cute and sweet as she.
I'll return in the next day or two to cover a couple more accents to the room. Thanks for visiting!
p.s. Not sure I saved my breath a whole lot, but I'll never know if you skipped it over anyway. ;)




1 comment:
what a cute room, it is perfect for a little girl! love the painting above the bed!
Post a Comment