Our first project is Breckyn's room. I've wanted to have a sweet, girly room for her since she was born. It was part finances, part inspiration, and part willpower that never took me to the place of fully decorating her spaces. It was okay though, because she spent a lot of time out of her room in our old house. But in our new home, she loves having her own quiet time in her room to play. So I love that we could make a place that is special for her to enjoy.
I'm going to break her room into a couple posts, mostly because I'm a little picture happy and excited in general. Sorry this won't be thrilling to everyone, but since it's the new decorating "baby" of the house, it's been fun to see start to finish. Well, minus a few 'tweakings' and decor updates that will come in the future.
Okay, enough chit chat. Here are a couple before and afters to slowly take you to the big reveal. ;)
This mirror was a constant in my home growing up. Once in a shared room between my sister and I, later in my sister's room, then in my room, and even later, in my mom's living room. This thing has been around the block once or twice! I am very happy to introduce this treasured (to me!) mirror into my daughter's room. I think it has "royal princess" written all over it. I couldn't resist the buttery yellow shade. I hope she approves. The shade prior (maroon) was the last shade my mom had applied when it lived at her house. :)
Not the prettiest of side tables, but the price was right when I needed something narrow, small, and somewhat durable in my second child's nursery a couple years back. This fit the bill for Breckyn's room, at least for now. The primer and paint was already on hand in our garage, so we just needed a cute knob to finish it off.
After....
So, I realized I didn't take an official "after" of the table, but this will have to suffice. The lighting is a bit off, but the table is a soft yellow.
She probably wouldn't care if a cardboard box were her nightstand as long as there were fresh, bright pink roses adorning the top.
I can't wait to share more later this week!





2 comments:
What an eye you have for decorating! I love it! So classy and beautiful, she'll be able to keep this decor for a long long time!
Thank you, Terra. Her room is the only fully decorated room in the house so far. I just want to stand in there and stare at it. ;)
Post a Comment