1.27.2009

New Verse

Breckyn and I sometimes have lunch-time singing sessions. Her self-produced songs are always entertaining and would-be chart toppers, for sure.
But the other day, it was my turn to sing so I chose "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." You know the one, right?

Well, she and I started naming different family members or friends in the verses: "He's got little baby brother in His hands..." So, she decided it was time to sing about daddy being in God's hands. I started singing and she stopped me halfway through with a quick reminder as she touched her neck. "Tie, mommy, daddy's tie!" She sees her daddy come home from his office job every day with a tie around his neck, so it's only natural to include the garb. Heaven forbid we leave out the necktie!

And there it begun, "He's got daddy and his tie, in His hands. He's got daddy and his tie, in His hands. He's got daddy and his tie, in His hands. He's got the whole world in his hands."

She proudly bobbed her head and grooved the whole time. Who wouldn't? It's catchy.

No comments: