I am loving Etsy.com. I am amazed by the wealth of talented people willing and wanting to keep homemade gifts alive. I am telling you, there are some great things out there if you are willing to search for them. Here are a few of my favorite 'shops' or items I've come across over the last year.
I love Belle & Boo. I purchased my first item on Etsy through their store. Unfortunately, it seems they've had to raise their prices due to the economy. I would almost say what I purchased was a steal at the time I snagged it up. Anyway, I love the old-fashioned feel and I love that it was shipped all the way from London to my doorstep.

This print hangs in a sweet frame from Pottery Barn Kids in the baby's nursery.
I love, love, love silhouettes. These sweet, adorable prints (and many other items) are a top favorite from Sarah & Abraham. I first discovered the etsy shop, but the seller has recently created her own website to accomodate all her items and expand her business. This is one of my favorite prints that I am going to order for Breckyn's room. It makes me think of her every time I see it. She's always loved swinging and I love the childhood essence behind it. I also adore the sister/brother print.

When (not if!) we have a play room for our children, this print is one I'd love to display in that room. I believe words are powerful and the reminder of this short phrase to a small child has the possibility of great impact. I distinctly remember a print my mom hung in my brother's and later my room that read "Train a child in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not stray from it." That is memory from nearly 23 years ago... see what I am talking about?! I first saw this on Design Mom's blog. Anyway, I love the colors in this and the simplicity of the statement from Persimmon and Pink.
Okay, truth is, there are so many more things I've come across that I'd love to post here. But, I'll have to save those for another day. Can you tell my theme? Does it appear I have a 'thing' for children's printwork? Well, I do! Being twitterpated may or may not be just related to significant others. {smile}
Share the love... what things make you happy?
[Apologies for the normal to small, to small, to normal font. I've tried changing it several times to no avail. My daughter thinks her snack time is more important than font changes. She's right. Gotta go!]
No comments:
Post a Comment